- Cabbage rolls - Dave Degner
- Cheesy potatoes - Dan Degner
- Chicken and rice casserole
- Chicken and almond caserole - Meme St. Aubin
- Chicken corn bake - Erin Sun
- Enchilada casserole - Trudy Semler
- Green bean casserole - campbell's
- Green beans with almonds
- Lasagna - Dan Degner
- Lasagna large pan - Dan Degner
- Lasagna - halbit
- Lasagna - red pepper
- Sour kraut casserole - Marlene Degner
- Supper popover
- Stuffing - Shirley Carpenter
- Sweet potatoe casserole - Joyce St. Aubin
- Turkey leftovers - pampered chef recipe
Dave’s Cabbage Rolls
2 pounds lean hamburger
2 cups uncooked white rice – par cook with 2 ½ cups water
1/2 tsp pepper
1 ½ tsp Hy’s seasoning salt
5 toes minced garlic
1 medium onion chopped
1 tsp Norton tender Quick (this just makes the meat look red)
2 cans tomato soup
1 can tomato paste or sauce
Either freeze the night before and then peal after it has been defrosted
Alternatively, cut out the core and put in boiling water to soften leaves (make sure that you do not over cook it). Remove large veins from leaves. Wrap filling in leaves.
Spread one can of tomato soup on the bottom to help prevent burning of cabbage rolls. Place cabbage rolls in the roaster. Put two to three cans tomato soup over the cabbage rolls. Cover this with remaining cabbage leaves. Place lid on the roaster and bake for 2 hours at 300 to 325F.
Dan’s Cheezy Potatoes
2 cups reduced fat sour cream
2 – 10 oz cans of mushroom soup
4 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup melted butter (optional)
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
2 – 30 oz shredded hash brown potatoes
Mix all but potatoes together, then add potatoes and mix. Place in greased deep 9 by 13” Pampered Chef baking dish. Bake at 350F for 1 ½ hours. Enjoy.
Chicken and rice casserole
Add 2 c raw rice, 1 env onion soup mix, 2 cans mushroom soup, 2 cans water
Raw chicken pieces placed in dish
Sprinkle with 1 c cheddar chese
Top with buttered crackers
Bake for 3 hours at 300 to 325F
Chicken Casserole By Meme St. Aubin
½ box Ritz crackers
2 cans cream of chicken soup
one 8 oz sour cream
one pkg slivered almonds (1 cup)
one stick margarine (1/2 cup)
one fryer chicken cooked (boiled) and deboned
Spread one half of the cracker crumbs in a greased pan. Dot ½ of the margarine over the crumbs. Mix cream and soup together. Make layer of chicken and almonds. Top with soup mixture. Cover with rest of crumbs. Dot with rest of margarine. Bake at 350 F until bubbly and brown (about 45 minutes).
Chicken Corn Bread Bake – From Erin Sun
1 - 15 oz can cream corn
1 - 15 oz whole kernel corn
1 box of jiffy corn bread mix
1 medium onion
1 ½ cups sour cream
½ cup margarine
1 clove garlic
5 chicken breasts
1 small can chili peppers
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
8 oz brick or more of Jack Monterey cheese
Melt margarine, add onions and garlic till tender.
Large bowl: mix corn, salt pepper, eggs and muffin mix, then add above onion mixture. Pour in 9” x 13” pan
Fry chicken, add chiles, sour cream salt and pepper to taste. (optional – one 4 oz mushroom can chopped). Spoon on the chicken mixture onto batter. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown.
Enchilada Casserole – Trudy Semler - modified by Dan Degner (this recipe has a bit more heat than hers as I use more enchilada sauce)
1 lb veggie crumbles (or ground lean meat like beef or turkey)
1 can tomato soup
½ can (small) Enchilada sauce
½ cup raw onion
1 clove garlic minced
1 tsp Lawreys or Hy’sseasoning salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 tsp chili powder
- Fry onion for a bit, then add garlic, then add remaining ingredients. Just need to warm Veggie crumbles. For meat need to cook completely til juices run clear.
- Roll small corn tortilla shells with the filling mixture and place seam side down in a greased 9 by 13” deep baking pan (pampered chef one works well).
½ cup cream or canned milk
½ tomato juice
½ small can enchilada sauce
1 can tomato soup
- Mix above sauce ingredients together and pour over the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle 2 cups veggie melt cheese or real cheddar/mozzarella (50:50 mix) on top
- Bake casserole for 30 minutes at 350 degrees farenheit.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes, then serve and enjoy.
Suggestions: Serve with corn mush bake or corn bread muffins. Jalepeno sauce is great if you like some heat.
Green Bean Casserole
1 can mushroom soup
½ cup milk
¼ tsp pepper
1 tsp soy sauce
2/3 cup french’s fried onions
Mix the above together.
Par cook 4 cups green bean (about 4 minutes)
Mix together with sauce and put in a baking dish
Bake at 350 for 24 minutes. Add 2/3 cup of French’s onions to the top and bake for another few minutes (watch the onions will burn easily). Serve and enjoy.
Green beans with almonds and lemon
5 (16 ounce) packages frozen
French-style green beans
2-1/2 cups slivered almonds
1-1/4 cups butter or margarine
3 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon
1-1/4 teaspoons salt
Method: Place the beans in a saucepan and cover with water; cook until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet over low heat, toast almonds in butter. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and salt. Drain beans. Add almond mixture and toss to coat.
Lasagna – by Dan Degner
9 lasagna noodles uncooked
1 1/2 big jars of prego or other brand tomato with Italian sausage sauce
1 pound hamburger
1 big carton of cottage cheese
1 cup fresh parmesan or romano cheese
4 cups mozerrella cheese
1. Fry and drain hamburger and add tomato sauce
2. place a good amount of the meat sauce to coat the bottom of a 9 by 13" casserole dish - that way it won't stick
3. place one layer of lasagna noodles (3 noodles)
4. Mix 1 cup parmesan cottage chesse and eggs and pour over lasagna noodles
5. place one layer of lasagna noodles on cottage cheese
6. place half of the remaining sauce on the noodles
7. place on layer of lasagna noodles
8. place remainning sauce on the last layer of noodles
9. cover with mozzerella cheese
10. Bake in oven at 350F with a lid on for 1 hour and 15 minutes; remove lid and bake for about 10 minutes to brown mozerrella cheese. Note do not cover with tin foil as the acids in the tomato sauce will eat at the foil (I don't think that that is healthy to eat aluminum - I think that it causes Alzheimer's disease).
11. remove from oven and allow to rest for about 20 minutes. That way the lasagna will set up and can be cut and served easier.
Note: I also have put spinach in one of the layers (like on top of the cottage cheese mix) and that is really good...if that is your taste.
Large pan of lasagna (chaffing dish pan)
24 lasagna sheets (about 1 ½ boxes)
5 pounds hamburger – fried and drained
4 bottles of Italian sausage tomato sauce
2 tsp lawrey’s seasoning salt
¾ tsp pepper
2 tsp onion powder
¾ tsp garlic powder
1 ½ tsp Chile powder (mild)
2.5 large tubs of cottage cheese
1 ½ cups parmesan cheese
8 cups mozzarella cheese
put some sauce on bottom of pan
layer 8 pasta sheets
layer 8 pasta sheets
layer 8 pasta sheets
Bake at 350F for about 2 3/4 hours covered. Uncover for about 15 minutes to brown mozzarella cheese. Thermometer should be reading about 150 to 160F in the middle.
Lasagna – Halibut, mushroom, spinach
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut steaks, bones removed and cut into 1 inch by ½ inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms – par cooked in the microwave
- 3 cups spinach – par cooked I n the microwave (or use frozen kind)
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add halibut, and fry until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add the garlic 1 tbsp olive oil to the skillet and brown slightly, then add 1 cup broth; boil then add cheese and stir until melted. Mix flour and milk and shake in a jar until flour is not lumpy; add to pan and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add half of the sauce to the halibut. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish, layer half of the halibut mixture then cover with 2 noodles. Next layer place mushrooms and spinach and cover with noodles. Next layer add remaining halibut followed by noodles and remaining white sauce. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Roasted Red Pepper Lasagne
- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or stick margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut each pepper into quarters; remove seeds. Place peppers, cut side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 20-25 minutes or until skin is blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard skin. Cut peppers into 1/4-in. strips.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. In a saucepan, cook red peppers and garlic in oil for 1 minute; add the tomatoes, parsley, sugar, basil and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spread 1 cup pepper sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top with three noodles, 1-1/2 cups pepper sauce, 1 cup white sauce and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, white sauce and pepper sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Lazy Man’s Cabbage Rolls (AKA. Kraut Casserole) Recipe by Marlene Degner and quantitated by Dan Degner
1 ½ raw rice – cook as per usually with 1 ½ cups water in rice steamer
1 pound raw hamburger
½ cup bacon bits
1 tsp onion powder
1/3 tsp garlic powder
1/3 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Lawrey’s or Hy’s seasoning salt
2 - 10 oz cans of tomato soup
1 – 10 oz cans of water
1 quart sauerkraut – rinsed and drained
Cook rice and cool rice. Mix rice with raw hamburger, bacon bits, and seasonings. Place mixture in a greased baking dish (about a 9 by 13” casserole dish is what I use). Spread sauerkraut over rice mixture. Mix tomato soup and water together and pour over sauerkraut. Bake covered at 350 F for 1 ½ to 1 ¾ hours. This recipe tastes best with Susan Holland’s sauerkraut. We also like it better the next day as the flavors soak through.
1 lb ground beef 2 C Shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce 2 eggs
¼ C chopped green pepper 1 C milk
2 Tbls all-purpose flour 1 Tbls vegetable oil
½ t salt ½ t salt
½ t pepper 2 Tbls chopped green onions
1 t parsley flakes
Heat oven to 425. Cook and stir ground beef in 10-inch skillet until brown; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, green pepper (I don’t use this), 2 Tablespoons flour, ½ teaspoon salt, the pepper and parsley flakes. Heat to boiling. Boil and stir 1 minute. Pour into ungreased baking pan
13 x 9 x 2 inches. Sprinkle cheese on top.
Beat eggs, milk, oil, 1 C flour and ½ teaspoon salt with hand beater; pour over cheese. Sprinkle with onions. Bake until puffy and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately
6 servings. Do not use self-rising flour in this recipe.
|TURKEY STUFFING - Shirley Carpenter
Boiled giblets in 2 cups of water. Save broth. Freeze for future use
½ stick butter
1 med onion chopped
4 sticks chopped celery
1 bag petridge farm bread croutons
1 unpealed apple
½ cup raisins
½ cup walnuts
Sautee onion and celery with butter in pan until clarified. Add boiled giblets and broth. Add chopped apple, raisins and walnuts. Combine with 1 bag Petridge farm bread croutons. Mix stuff together. If needed add a bit more water so that stuffing is mushy (like semi firm mashed potato). Add more time when stuffing in ceolom of turkey.
Joyce’s Sweet Potatoe Pie
2 cans yams drained and mashed
8 oz crushed pineapple not drained
1 stick melted butter
Slivered almonds – small package
Cover with ½ bag miniature marshmallows
Put butter and yams in mix master and mush. Stir in the pineapple and almonds.
Bake at 350 F for ½ hour covered with foil then, uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
Turkey & Tortellini Salad
1 package refrigerated cheese tortellini (9 oz.)
6 cups salad greens,pre-washed
3 cups cooked Turkey, chopped
1/2 cup low fat Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Black pepper, freshly cracked
Cook and drain tortellini as directed on package, let cool slightly in colander. Mix tortellini, greens, turkey and dressing; top with parmesan cheese and cracked pepper to serve.
Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole
1 package wild rice (6 oz.)
3 cups cooked Turkey, chopped
1 can French-style green beans, drained (16 oz.)
1 cup fat free mayonnaise
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can cream of celery soup
Cook rice according to package directions. Combine with turkey, beans, mayo, onion and soup in a large bowl; mix well. Spoon into baking dish. Bake at 350Â°F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Turkey Broccoli Casserole
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 Tbsp. Flour
1/2 cup milk
1 dash black pepper
1 dash paprika
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup sour cream
2 to 10 ounces broccoli, chopped, cooked
1 pound cooked TURKEY , cut into pieces almonds, slivered to taste
Melt butter, blend in flour. Cook over low heat until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat, stir milk in gradually. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for one minute. Blend in seasonings. Add soup and 2/3 cheese. Heat, stirring constantly until cheese is melted. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Stir in sour cream. Place broccoli in buttered 3 qt. casserole. Top with turkey. Pour sauce over top. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and almonds. Bake at 325Â°F. until bubbly, or 25-30 minutes.
3 cups Turkey, cooked, cubed
1 pound frozen broccoli, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup (10 1/2 oz.)
1/2 cup light sour cream
2 Tbsp. green onion, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Lemon juice to taste (about 1 tablespoon)
Place broccoli in casserole dish, followed by a layer of turkey. Combine soup, sour cream, and lemon juice in a bowl and mix. Spread soup mixture over turkey. Top with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 350Â°F for 45 minutes. (from Honeysuckle White Turkey website)
Deluxe Turkey Club Pizza (Pampered Chef)
l can 10 oz. Refrigerated All Ready Pizza Crust
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
4 oz. deli turkey breast slices, cut into 1-inch strips
6 strips bacon, pieces, cooked
2 small Plum tomatoes or I small tomato, thinly Sliced
Fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 425Â°F Unroll dough and place on l3-inch Round Baking Stone. Starting at center, roll dough into a 12-inch circle, using Dough and Pizza Roller. Sprinkle sesame seeds evenly over dough- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is light golden brown. Combine mayonnaise and lemon zest in a small bowl; blend well. Spread mixture over crust. Top with Monterey Jack cheese, sliced basil, turkey, bacon and tomatoes. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Garnish with basil leaves.